Saturday 14 February 2009

Is Gazza BAD??






My first example of “Being Bad” is Paul “Gazza” Gascoigne. Prior to all his recent antics I have a strong boyhood memory of being sat at home with my Dad watching Gazza bawling his eyes out all the way back in 1990. At that time he was a massive superstar of the football world.

These days it scares and saddens me to look at what has happened to him. In the story, reported in the “Telegraph” (2008), it gives an account of how he had to have his stomach washed after overdosing on drugs and alcohol in Portugal, maybe even as a bid to commit suicide. His bad behaviour, whilst maybe yet another cry for help, is unacceptable. I really feel for the people who are closest to him and have to watch someone they love, the story talks of his ex-wife Sheryl and daughter Bianca, spiral out of control. I seriously pray that he is able to realise and overcome his problems, either by his own efforts or with the help of those around him. May God bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment