Monday 2 March 2009

Bashing that poor old Bishop (MASTURBATION).

The lecture on masturbation proved to be amusing for most, if I am to judge from all the laughing and tittering. I must say that that I’m not going to be shaking Mark Jone’s hand at the end of this module though. ;-)

Joking aside though, masturbation is a massive issue in today’s society. Apart from recent medical research, whatever their findings may be, and as contradictory to each other as they sometimes are, there are other issues at play here.

Whilst masturbation, both male and female, may be common place in many societies, the world over, I still reject the idea that it is our primary sexual act. Statistically, I have no idea if, as suggested by Mark, more people are masturbating at any one time than having sex. This I do not believe is the issue. The issue most imprtant is that of what masturbation actually achieves. I do not believe that masturbation can provide the inner, even spiritual, fullfillment that sex within a loving, monogomous, relationship can.


No comments:

Post a Comment